ALERT The medical council of India (MCI) has announced that the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) will be held on May 10, 2018. The MCI has also made it clear that the admission for the medical and dental courses have to be completed on or before August 18.
National Eligibility Entrance Exam is common MBBS/ BDS Entrance Test conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) in May 2018.Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is going to conduct NEET 2018 entrance examination for admission in MBBS and BDS courses in India. The National Eligibility Entrance Exam is the national level single tier admission test for medical and dental colleges comes under Medical Council of India and Dental Council of India.
Before filling online application form of (AIPMT) NEET UG 2018, the candidate must read out the minimum qualification, age limit and nationality eligibility required. The age limit rule of 2017 is applicable for NEET UG 2018. The minimum age 17 years and maximum 25 years for General/ OBC and 30 years for SC/ ST category students.
Here is the minimum education qualification required.
- 10+2 appearing students are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates should have qualified 12th or equivalent exam.
- The candidate must have Chemistry, Physics, Biology/Biotechnology with English as a compulsory subject.
- The qualifying exam (PCB group), students should have obtained at least 50% marks for general, 45% marks for general-PH and 40% marks for SC/ST & OBC.
- Nationality: Candidates must be an Indian citizen.
- OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) candidates are also eligible to apply.
- J&K/AP/Telangana: Such candidates are eligible for All India 15% quota only (also eligible for admission in AFMC, Pune) on the basis of self-declaration.
- Passport Required: The Foreign candidate/ OCI must have passport document.
- Aadhaar Card Requirement: Indian National candidates must have an Adhaar Number to apply for NEET exam.
The Hon’ble Supreme Court of India dated 31.03.2017 Writ Petition (Civil)- 99/2017 has said that the candidates above 25 years of age may apply for NEET-UG-2017.
But from NEET 2018, the maximum age of 25 years RULE is applicable. Please do check the age limit/ maximum attemp rule in NEET 2018.
- Minimum Age: The minimum age limit is 17 years as on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
- Maximum Age: The maximum age limit is 25 years (for General and OBC candidates) and 30 years (for other categories).
|For Candidates of
Unreserved Category (UR)
|born on or between
08.05.1992 and 01.01.2001
|For Candidates of
|born on or between
08.05.1987 and 01.01.2001
|FOR GENERAL/OBC||FOR SC/ST/PH|
|Rs.1400/- (INR)||Rs.750/- (INR)|
HOW TO APPLY:
- Candidates can apply ONLY ONLINE.
- Online submission of application may be made by accessing the Board’s website www.cbseneet.nic.in Instructions for submitting online application and payment of fee are available on website.
- Candidates may remit the fee in the following manner:
a. Through any Debit/Credit Card
b. Net Banking/UPIor
c. e-wallets of different service provider
NEET 2018 official website:
The official website of NEET 2018 is same as of 2017 MBBS BDS entrance exam. You can check www.cbseneet.nic.in for latest news and updates. The aspirant of Medical and Dental can visit the official website of NEET UG 2018 for online application form, download admit card, correction in form, all India quota details, counselling, admission in MBBS/ BDS college wise cut-off marks, score card etc. The Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi & Medical Council of India (MCI) is going to conduct UG MBBS/ BDS Entrance test for admission in Medical and Dental Govt and Private colleges.
NEET 2018 BDS/ MBBS Exam Pattern:
Below is the complete exam pattern for Medical and Dental entrance exam 2018. The question paper contains total 180 objective type questions. The duration of exam is 3 hours. The examination is not held online (paper and pen based mode).
Detailed exam pattern of NEET 2018 is given belowT
- The question paper contains total 180 questions.
- Physics, Chemistry & Biology (Zoology & Botany) subjects question are asked in NEET 2018 paper.
- The mode of question paper is offline (Paper and Pen-based). So no online computer based exam is conducted.
- There will be objective type questions (four options with one correct answer).
- The duration of exam is 3 hours (180 minutes).
- Question paper will be asked in 8 languages like English, Hindi, Tamil, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi and Telugu languages.
- There shall be negative marking for wrong answer (-1 mark).
- Correct answer carry +4 marks.
|Section||No. of Question||Marks|
NEET 2018 Syllabus:
The student can download PDF file subject wise syllabus of NEET 2018. The syllabus of Physics. Chemistry, Biology will be based on a common syllabus prescribed by the MCI (Medical Council of India). The syllabus will have topics from Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology subjects. It will be prescribed after the review of various state syllabus as well as CBSE, NCERT & COBSE. The syllabus will be based on the 11th & 12th class standard. You can check www.cbseneet.nic.in for latest news and updates.
1. CBSE will provide All India Rank. Result will be given to DGHS, Ministry of
Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India to provide the same to admitting
2. Admitting authorities will invite applications for counselling and merit list
shall be drawn based on All India Rank by the admitting authorities subject
to their applicable rules.