IBPS (Institute of Banking Personnel Selection) conducts a common written exam or CWE every year for the clerical cadre in multiple banks all over the country. All public sector banks use CWE as a base to fill the vacancies for this post.
IBPS is conducting Clerk exam for the seventh year now and hence named IBPS CWE PO/MT-VII. The IBPS PO/MT CWE exam Common Recruitment Process is – CWE (Preliminary & Main Examination), Common Interview and provisional allotment. Students qualifying in both these exams are thus selected for the post.
The tentative schedule of events is as follows:
|1||On-line registration including Edit/Modification of Application by candidates||16.08.2017 to 05.09.2017|
|2||Download of call letters for Pre- Exam Training||September 2017|
|3||Conduct of Pre-Exam Training||23.09.2017 to 29.09.2017|
|4||Download of call letters for Online examination – Preliminary||September 2017|
|5||Online Examination – Preliminary||07.10.2017, 08.10.2017,
14.10.2017 and 15.10.2017
|6||Result of Online exam – Preliminary||October 2017|
|7||Download of Call letter for Online exam – Main||November 2017|
|8||Online Examination – Main||26.11.2017|
|9||Declaration of Result – Main||December 2017|
|10||Download of call letters for interview||January 2018|
|11||Conduct of interview||January / February 2018|
|12||Provisional Allotment||April 2018|
Candidates, intending to apply for CWE PO/MT-VII should ensure that they fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria specified by IBPS in this advertisement:
Nationality / Citizenship:
A candidate must be either –
- a Citizen of India or
- a subject of Nepal or
- a subject of Bhutan or
- a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Age (As on 01.08.2017):
Minimum: 20 years Maximum: 30 years i.e. A candidate must have been born not earlier than 02.08.1987 and not later than 01.08.1997 (both dates inclusive)
Relaxation of Upper age limit
|SR. NO.||CATEGORY||AGE RELAXATION|
|1||Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe||5 years|
|2||Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|3||Persons With Benchmark Disabilities as defined under “The Rights of Persons
with Disabilities Act, 2016”
|4||Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers including Emergency Commissioned
Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have
rendered at least 5 years military service and have been released on completion
of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed
within one year from the last date of receipt of application) otherwise than by
way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or
physical disability attributable to military service or invalidment
|5||Persons ordinarily domiciled in the state of Jammu & Kashmir during the
period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989
|6||Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
Educational Qualifications (As on 05.09.2017):
- A Degree (Graduation) in any discipline from a University recognised by the Govt. Of India or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
- The candidate must possess valid Mark-sheet / Degree Certificate that he/ she is a graduate on the day he / she registers and indicate the percentage of marks obtained in Graduation while registering online.
CWE – ONLINE EXAMINATIONS
The structure of the Examinations which will be conducted online are as follows:
a. Preliminary Examination
|S.NO.||NAME OF TESTS(OBJECTIVE||NO. OF QUESTIONS||MAXIMUM MARKS||DURATION|
|1||English Language||30||30||Composite time of 1 Hour|
Candidates have to qualify in each of the three tests by securing minimum cut-off marks to be decided by IBPS. Adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by IBPS depending upon requirements will be shortlisted for Online Main Examination.
b. Main Examination
|S.NO.||NAME OF TESTS
(NOT BY SEQUENCE)
|NO. OF QUESTIONS||MAXIMUM||TIME ALLOTTED FOR EACH TEST
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|2||General/ Economy/ Banking
|3||English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|4||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|5||English Language (Letter Writing
The above tests except the Tests of English Language will be available bilingually, i.e. English and Hindi.
Penalty for Wrong Answers (Applicable to both – Preliminary and Main examination)
There will be penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate one fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score. If a question is left blank, i.e. no answer is marked by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
- Candidates who have been shortlisted in the Main examination for CWE PO/MT-VII will subsequently be called for an Interview to be conducted by the Participating Organisations and coordinated by the Nodal Bank in each State/ UT with the help of IBPS. Interviews will be conducted at select centres. The centre, address of the venue, time & date of Interview will be informed to the shortlisted candidates in the call letter. Candidates are required to download their interview call letters from authorised IBPS website http://www.ibps.in. Please note that any request regarding change in date, centre etc. of interview will not be entertained. However the conducting agencies reserve the right to change the date/ venue/ time/ centre etc. of interview or hold supplementary process for particular date / session / venue / centre / set of candidates at its discretion, under unforeseen circumstances, if any
- The total marks allotted for Interview are 100. The minimum qualifying marks in interview will not be less than 40% (35% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates). The weightage (ratio) of CWE (Main exam) and interview will be 80:20 respectively. The combined final score of candidates shall be arrived at on the basis of scores obtained by the candidates in the Main Examination of CWE PO/MT-VII and Interview. Interview score of the candidates failing to secure minimum qualifying marks or otherwise barred from the interview or further process shall not be disclosed.
- A candidate should qualify both in the CWE (Main) and interview and be sufficiently high in the merit to be shortlisted for subsequent provisional allotment process, details of which will be made available subsequently on authorised IBPS website.
On completion of the interview process, depending on the vacancies to be filled in during the financial year 2018- 19 based on the business needs of the Participating Organisations and as reported to IBPS, candidates shortlisted will be provisionally allotted to one of the Participating Organisations, based on merit-cum-preference keeping in view the spirit of Govt. Guidelines on reservation policy, various guidelines issued by Govt. of India/Others from time to time, administrative exigency, etc. Vacancies given in this advertisement are indicative. Provisional allotment shall be done on the basis of final vacancies to be reported by the Participating Organizations. Candidates
should not claim indicative vacancies as final for provisional allotment. No change in the data already registered by the candidate in the online application form is possible.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates can apply online only from 12.09.2017 to 03.10.2017 and no other mode of application will be accepted.
Pre-Requisites for Applying Online :
Before applying online, candidates should—
- scan their photograph and signature ensuring that both the photograph (4.5cm × 3.5cm) and signature adhere to the required specifications as given in Annexure III to this Advertisement.
- Signature in CAPITAL LETTERS will NOT be accepted.
- keep the necessary details/documents ready to make Online Payment of the requisite application fee/ intimation
- have a valid personal email ID, which should be kept active till the completion of this round of Common Recruitment Process. IBPS may send call letters for the Examination etc. through the registered e-mail ID. Under no circumstances, a candidate should share with/mention e-mail ID to / of any other person. In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, he/she should create his/her new e-mail ID before applying on-line and must maintain that email account.
- Application Fees/ Intimation Charges Payable from 12.09.2017 to 03.10.2017 (Online payment), both dates inclusive, shall be as follows
– Rs. 100/- for SC/ST/PWD/EXSM candidates.
– Rs. 600 /- for all others
- Bank Transaction charges for Online Payment of application fees/ intimation charges will have to be borne by the candidate
Mode of Payment
Candidates have the option of making the payment of requisite fees/ intimation charges through the ONLINE mode only:
Payment of fees/ intimation charges via the ONLINE MODE