IBPS (Institute of Banking Personnel Selection) conducts a common written exam or CWE every year for the clerical cadre in multiple banks all over the country. All public sector banks use CWE as a base to fill the vacancies for this post.
IBPS is conducting Clerk exam for the seventh year now and hence named IBPS Clerk CWE VII. The IBPS Clerk CWE exam is conducted on two levels- preliminary exam and mains. Students qualifying in both these exams are thus selected for the post.
The tentative schedule of events is as follows:
|1||On-line registration including Edit/Modification of Application by candidates||12.09.2017 to 03.10.2017|
|2||Download of call letters for Pre- Exam Training||November 2017|
|3||Conduct of Pre-Exam Training||13.11.2017 to 18.11.2017|
|4||Download of call letters for Online examination – Preliminary||November 2017|
|5||Online Examination – Preliminary||02.12.2017, 03.12.2017,
09.12.2017 & 10.12.2017
|6||Result of Online exam – Preliminary||December 2017|
|7||Download of Call letter for Online exam – Main||January 2018|
|8||Online Examination – Main||21.01.2018|
|9||Provisional Allotment||April 2018|
Candidates, intending to apply for CWE Clerks-VII should ensure that they fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria specified by IBPS in this advertisement:
Nationality / Citizenship
A candidate must be either –
- a Citizen of India or
- a subject of Nepal or
- a subject of Bhutan or
- a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Age (As on 01.09.2017)
Minimum: 20 years Maximum: 28 years i.e. A candidate must have been born not earlier than 02.09.1989 and not later than 01.09.1997 (both dates inclusive)
Relaxation of Upper age limit
|Sr. No.||Category||Age relaxation|
|1||Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe||5 years|
|2||Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|3||Persons With Disabilities||10 years|
|4||Ex-Servicemen / Disabled Ex-Servicemen||actual period of service rendered in the defence forces + 3 years (8 years
for Disabled Ex-Servicemen
belonging to SC/ST) subject to a maximum age limit of 50 years
|5||Widows, divorced women and women legally separated from
their husbands who have not remarried
|6||Persons ordinarily domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir
during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989
|7||Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
|8||Regular employees of the Union Carbide Factory, Bhopal
retrenched from service (Applicable to Madhya Pradesh state
- A Degree (Graduation) in any discipline from a University recognised by the Govt. Of India or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
- The candidate must possess valid Mark-sheet / Degree Certificate that he/ she is a graduate on the day he / she registers and indicate the percentage of marks obtained in Graduation while registering online.
- Computer Literacy: Operating and working knowledge in computer systems is mandatory i.e. candidates should have Certificate/Diploma/Degree in computer operations/Language/ should have studied Computer / Information Technology as one of the subjects in the High School/College/Institute.
- Proficiency in the Official Language of the State/UT (candidates should know how to read/ write and speak the Official Language of the State/UT) for which vacancies a candidate wishes to apply is preferable.
- Ex-Servicemen who do not possess the above civil examination qualifications should be matriculate ExServicemen who have obtained the Army Special Certificate of Education or corresponding certificate in the Navy or Air Force after having completed not less than 15 years of service in the Armed Forces of the Union as on 03.10.2017. Such certificates should be dated on or before 03.10.2017.
CWE – ONLINE EXAMINATIONS
I. The structure of the Examinations which will be conducted online are as follows:
a. Preliminary Examination
|S.No.||Name of Tests(Objective||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||Composite time of 1 Hour|
Candidates have to qualify in each of the three tests by securing cut-off marks to be decided by IBPS. Adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by IBPS depending upon requirements will be shortlisted for online Main examination.
b. Main Examination
|S.No.||Name of Tests
(NOT BY SEQUENCE)
|No. of Questions||Maximum||Time allotted for each test
|1||General/ Financial Awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
|2||General English||40||40||35 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability & Computer
|4||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
The above tests except the Tests of English Language will be available bilingually, i.e. English and Hindi.
Penalty for Wrong Answers (Applicable to both – Preliminary and Main examination) :
There will be penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate one fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score. If a question is left blank, i.e. no answer is marked by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates can apply online only from 12.09.2017 to 03.10.2017 and no other mode of application will be accepted.
Pre-Requisites for Applying Online :
Before applying online, candidates should—
- scan their photograph and signature ensuring that both the photograph (4.5cm × 3.5cm) and signature adhere to the required specifications as given in Annexure III to this Advertisement.
- Signature in CAPITAL LETTERS will NOT be accepted.
- keep the necessary details/documents ready to make Online Payment of the requisite application fee/ intimation
- have a valid personal email ID, which should be kept active till the completion of this round of Common Recruitment Process. IBPS may send call letters for the Examination etc. through the registered e-mail ID. Under no circumstances, a candidate should share with/mention e-mail ID to / of any other person. In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, he/she should create his/her new e-mail ID before applying on-line and must maintain that email account.
- Application Fees/ Intimation Charges Payable from 12.09.2017 to 03.10.2017 (Online payment), both dates inclusive, shall be as follows
– Rs. 100/- for SC/ST/PWD/EXSM candidates.
– Rs. 600 /- for all others
- Bank Transaction charges for Online Payment of application fees/ intimation charges will have to be borne by the candidate
Mode of Payment
Candidates have the option of making the payment of requisite fees/ intimation charges through the ONLINE mode only:
Payment of fees/ intimation charges via the ONLINE MODE