- Peacock Parachute Spider Rare tarantula sighted for 1st time
The known habitat of Peacock Parachute Spider is in degraded forests near Nandyal in Andhra Pradesh. The spider belonging to the genus Poecilotheria, commonly known as the Peacock Parachute Spider or Gooty Tarantula was spotted by a team of researchers of the Puducherry-based IBF.
- India’s first woman DGP Kanchan Chaudhary
she was country’s second female Indian Police Service (IPS) officer after Kiran Bedi. Bhattacharya, a 1973 batch IPS officer, made history when she was appointed the DGP of Uttarakhand in 2004. She retired as the DGP on October 31, 2007.
- World’s first facial biometric data-based ID for seafarers
In a move to boost employment in the coastal shipping sector, India has become the first country in the world to issue a Biometric Seafarer Identity Document (BSID) to its seafarers.
- IAF’s Shalija Dhami India’s 1st female flight commander
The officer took over as flight commander of a Chetak helicopter unit at Hindon airbase. Flight Commander is the second in command of the unit.
- Nepal, India launch Kathmandu-Siliguri bus service
The Kathmandu-Kakarbhitta-Siliguri bus service will operate on a daily basis, according to the bus operators. A bus service was launched on Monday between Kathmandu and Siliguri, the 10th bus service between Nepal and India.
- Russia launches world’s 1st floating nuclear reactor
The government of Russia has launched the world’s first floating nuclear reactor power station (Akademik Lomonosov), which will sail 5,000km (3,000 miles) from the Arctic port of Murmansk to Chukotka in the Far East.
- 7 new species of insects that can walk on water discovered
The newly described species belong to the genus Mesovelia whose size ranges from 1.5 mm to 4.5 mm and are equipped with hydrophobic setae (bristles) on their legs.
- PV Sindhu became 1st Indian to win gold
the first Indian to win badminton World Championships gold by beating familiar rival Nozomi Okuhara of Japan in a lop-sided final.
- About Composite Water Management Index (CWMI)
Launched by NITI Aayog in 2018 as an important tool to assess & improve the performance of States/ UTs in efficient management of water resources. It is 1st ever attempt at of creating pan-India set of metrics that measured different dimensions of water management and use across the lifecycle of water.(2019 – Gujrat tops).
- FEDOR: Russia launches its 1st humanoid robot in space
Fedor, which stands for Final Experimental Demonstration Object Research, is the first humanoid robot sent into space by Russia, and it will learn from and assist with small tasks performed by the astronauts.
- Free video lessons from Questionbang
Chapterwise Video Lessons – NEET, JEE, KCET, MHT-CET, Bank exams, IBPS.