SBI PO 2019 exam will be conducted by State Bnak of India (SBI) to select eligible candidates to the post of Probationary Officer. SBI PO is one of the most coveted jobs in Banking industry and a dream job for millions of aspirants across India.
SBI PO 2019 EXAM DATES
State Bank of India has release SBI PO 2019 Exam Dates along with its official notification. Candidates are requested to visit the page regularly to remain updated about SBI PO 2019 Exam. The exam schedule for SBI PO 2019 Exam is mentioned below:
|SBI PO 2019 Exam Schedule|
|1||SBI PO 2019 Notification Released On||1st April 2019|
|2||On-line registration including Edit/Modification of Application by candidates||02.04.2019 to 22.04.2019|
|3||Download Admit Card for online Preliminary Examination||3rd week of May 2019|
|4||SBI PO Exam Date- Preliminary||8th, 9th, 15th & 16th June 2019|
|5||Result of Online exam – Preliminary||1st week of July 2019|
|6||Download of Call letter for Online Main Exam||2nd week of July 2019|
|7||SBI PO Exam Date – Mains||20th July 2019|
|8||Result of Online Examination – Main||3rd week of August 2019|
|9||Download Call Letter for Personal Interview||4th week of August 2019|
|10||Conduct of Group Exercises & Interview||September 2019|
|11||Declaration of Final Result||2nd week of October 2019|
SBI PO VACANCY 2019
SBI PO 2019 Vacancy has been announced along with SBI PO 2019 Notification. The State Bank of India declared a total vacancy of 2000 posts for SBI PO 2019 Exam.
Vacancy (PwD Category)
|d & e||20||–||20|
*VI: Vision Impairment
*HI: Hearing Impairment
*LD: Learning Disabilities
Vacancy (All Other Categories)
The Applicant must have the certificate of a citizen of India. A citizen from Bhutan or a citizen of Nepal or a citizen of Bangladesh is allowed only when they have a valid certificate which states that they have permanent intention to settle in India.
Age Limit: (As on 01.04.2019)
- Not below 21 years and not above 30 years as on 01.04.2019 i.e. candidates must have
been born not later than 01.04.1998 and not earlier than 02.04.1989 (both days inclusive)
Relaxation of Upper age limit
|SC/ ST||5 years|
|Person with disabilities (General)||10 years|
|Person with disabilities (SC /ST)||15 years|
|Person with disabilities (OBC)||13 years|
|Persons domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir 5 years State during the period from 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||5 years|
|Ex Servicemen, Commissioned officers including Emergency Commissioned
Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have
rendered 5 years military service and have been released on completion of
assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within
6 months from the last date of receipt of application) otherwise than by way of
dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or physical
disability attributable to military service or invalidment.
NOTE: CUMULATIVE AGE RELAXATION WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE EITHER
UNDER THE ABOVE ITEMS OR IN COMBINATION WITH ANY OTHER ITEMS.
i. Candidates with record of default in repayment of loans/ credit card dues and/ or against whose name adverse report of CIBIL or other external agencies are available are not eligible for appointment.
ii. Candidates against whom there is/ are adverse report regarding character & antecedents, moral turpitude are not eligible to apply for the post.
Reservations for persons with disabilities (PWD):
4% horizontal reservation has been provided to Persons with Benchmark Disabilities as per section 34 of “Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016”. The post is identified suitable for the Persons with undernoted categories of disabilities as defined in the Schedule of RPWD Act 2016
For more info about above refer Official notification here
Essential Academic Qualifications
Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government. Those who are in the Final Year/Semester of their Graduation may also apply provisionally subject to the condition that, if called for interview, they will have to produce proof of having passed the graduation examination on or before 31.08.2019. Candidates having Integrated Dual Degree (IDD) certificate should ensure that the date of passing the IDD is on or before 31.08.2019. Candidates possessing qualification of Chartered Accountant may also apply.
(1) The date of passing eligibility examination will be the date appearing on the mark sheet or provisional certificate issued by the University / Institute. In case the result of a particular examination is posted on the website of the University / Institute, a certificate issued by the appropriate authority of the University / Institute indicating the date on which the result was posted on the website will be taken as the date of passing.
(2) Candidate should indicate the percentage obtained in Graduation calculated to the nearest two decimals in the online application. Where CGPA/ OGPAis awarded, the same should be converted into percentage and indicated in online application. If called for interview, the candidate will have to produce a certificate issued by the appropriate authority inter alia stating that the norms of the University regarding conversion of grade into percentage and the percentage of marks scored by the candidate in terms of norms.
(3) Calculation of Percentage: The percentage marks shall be arrived at by dividing the total marks obtained by the candidate in all the subjects in all semester(s)/year(s) by aggregate maximum marks in all the subjects irrespective of honors / optional / additional optional subject, if any. This will be applicable for those Universities also where Class / Grade is decided on basis of Honours marks only. The fraction of percentage so arrived will be ignored i.e. 59.99% will be treated as less than 60% and 54.99% will be treated as less than 55%.
The selection process will consist of on-line test (preliminary & main examinations), test of official and/or local language and subject to Government of India approval, interview
Phase-I : Preliminary Examination
Preliminary Examination consisting of Objective Test for 100 marks will be conducted online. The test will have of 3 Sections (with separate timings for each section) as follows:
division of the marks is given below:
|S.No.||Name of Tests(Objective)||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|2||Numerical Ability||35||20 Minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||20 Minutes|
Selection criteria for Main Examination: Category wise merit list will be drawn on the basis of the aggregate marks scored in the Preliminary Exam. There will be no sectional cut-off. Candidates numbering 10 times the numbers of vacancies (approx.) in each category will be short listed for Main Examination from the top of above merit list.
Phase – II: Main Examination
Main Examination will consist of Objective Tests for 200 marks and Descriptive Test for 50 marks. Both the Objective and Descriptive Tests will be online. Candidates will have to answer the Descriptive Test by typing on the computer. The Descriptive Test will be administered immediately after completion of the Objective Test.
(I) Objective Test
The objective test of 3 hours duration consists of 4 Sections for total 200 marks. The objective test will have separate timing for every section.
|Serial Number||Section||No. of Question||Total Marks||Duration|
|1.||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|2.||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|3.||General/Economy/Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|4.||English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
(ii) Descriptive Test
- The Descriptive Test of 30 minutes duration with two questions for 50 marks will be a Test of English Language (Letter Writing & Essay).
- Selection criteria for Group Exercise and Interview: Category wise merit list will be
drawn on the basis of the aggregate marks scored in the Main Examination. There will be
no sectional cut-off. Candidates numbering up to 3 times (approx.) of the category wise
vacancies will be shortlisted for the Group Exercise & Interview from the top of the category
wise merit list subject to a candidate scoring the minimum aggregate qualifying score.
Penalty for Wrong Answers (Applicable to both – Preliminary and Main examination)
There will be penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate one fourth of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score. If a question is left blank, i.e. no answer is marked by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
Phase – III: Group Exercises (20 marks) & Interview (30 marks)
- Candidates qualifying for GE & Interview under ‘OBC’ category would be required to submit OBC certificate containing the ‘Non Creamy layer’ clause. Candidates who have registered themselves as OBC but do not submit OBC ‘Non Creamy layer’ certificate and request to be interviewed under General category will not be entertained.
- The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination (Phase-I) will not be added for preparing the final merit list for selection. Only the marks obtained in Main Examination (Phase-II), both in the Objective Test and the Descriptive Test, will be added to the marks obtained in GE & Interview (Phase-III) for preparing the final merit list. The candidates will have to qualify both in Phase-II and Phase-III separately.
- Marks secured by the candidates in the Main Examination (out of 250 marks) are converted to out of 75 marks and Group Exercises & Interview scores of candidate (out of 50 marks) are converted to out of 25 marks. The final merit list is arrived at after aggregating (out of 100) converted marks of Main Examination and Group Exercises & Interview. Selection will be made from the top merit ranked candidates in each category.
- Results of the candidates who qualify for Main Examination and Group Exercise & Interview as well as the final select list will be made available on the Bank’s website
i. The examinations will be conducted online at venues across many centres in India. A tentative list of centres for Preliminary Examination is attached as Annexure I.
ii. No request for change of Examination Centre shall be entertained.
iii. SBI reserves the right to cancel any of the Examination Centres and/ or add some other Centres, at its discretion, depending upon the response, administrative feasibility, etc.
iv. SBI also reserves the right to allot any centre to the candidate other than the one he/ she had opted for.
v. Candidate will appear for the examination at an Examination Centre at his/ her/ their own risk and expenses and SBI will not be responsible for any injury or losses etc. of any nature.
vi. Any unruly behavior/ misbehavior in the examination hall may result in cancellation of candidature/ disqualification from future exams conducted by SBI.
vii. The centres for the Main Examination will be limited.
APPLICATION FEE (Non Refundable)
Candidates who are applying for SBI Clerk Recruitment 2019 Notification they have to pay application fee through Challan or SBI net banking or from any credit/ debit card.
|Category||Amount to be paid|
|General and OBC Categories||Rs.750/-|
|SC/ST/PWD and Ex-servicemen||Rs.125/-|
Number of chances
- General : 4
- General (PWD) : 7
- OBC : 7
- OBC(PWD) : 7
- SC/SC(PWD)/ ST/ ST (PWD) No Restriction
HOW TO APPLY
The application form of SBI PO 2019 exam will be notified in the official SBI PO 2019 notification. It is always advisable to the students to read the instruction carefully while filling SBI Clerk Application form or else the candidature can be cancelled
How to apply for SBI PO 2019
- Visit the official website of the SBI https://bank.sbi/careers or https://www.sbi.co.in/careers. .
- Click on the link “Apply Online” provided on the page.
- Now application form window will be displayed, fill it properly.
- Read all the instructions carefully before filling the SBI Clerk application form.
- Upload clear scanned copy of the photograph along with the signature.
- Go ahead and make the application fee payment through challan/ SBI Net Banking/ Credit/ Debit Card.
- Once done, take the print out of the application form.
- Once the registration is successful you will receive the confirmation by SMS or e-mail.
You can read the SBI PO 2019 Notification official notification here
Also, Click here to Apply Online
Mode of Payment
Candidates have the option of making the payment of requisite fees/ intimation charges through the ONLINE mode only:
Payment of fees/ intimation charges via the ONLINE MODE
Click here to Apply Online for SBI PO – 2019