- EU Ambassador Opens India’s 1st Centre of Excellence at MAHE
The Manipal Academy of Higher Education received country’s first Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence established by the European Union. It was inaugurated at the DES, Manipal, by Tomasz Kozlowski to India and Bhutan.
- December 9 : International Anti-Corruption Day
International Anti-Corruption Day has been observed annually, on 9 December, since the passage of the United Nations Convention Against Corruption on 31 October 2003 to raise public awareness for anti-corruption.
- Lepa Rada becomes 24th district of Arunachal Pradesh
Arunachal Pradesh on Monday increased its number of districts to 24 after formal inauguration of Lepa Rada district, a day after formal creation of Shi Yomi district, the 23rd district of the state.
- Kerala first state to have 4 international airports
Union Minister of Civil Aviation Suresh Prabhu and Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan inaugurated the Kannur international airport making Kerala the only state in the country to have four international airports.
- India to receive total remittance of $80 billion in 2018
India is expected to receive a total remittance of $80 billion in 2018, the World Bank said in a report. India is followed by China (USD 67 billion), Mexico and the Philippines (USD 34 billion) and Egypt (USD 26 billion), according to the global lender.
- December 10 : International Human Rights Day
The day is normally marked both by high-level political conferences and meetings and by cultural events and exhibitions dealing with human rights issues.
- Bioplastics not an eco-friendly alternative to plastic:study
Bioplastics – often promoted as a climate-friendly alternative to petroleum-based plastics – may lead to an increase in greenhouse gas emissions, according to a study.
- MIT researcher builds plant-robot hybrid called Elowan
Elowan is a cybernetic lifeform, a plant in direct dialogue with a machine, created by an Indian researcher affiliated with MIT, Harpreet Sareen. This plantroid has a robot attached to it which operates through electric signals transferred from the plant.
- Voyager 2 : NASA’s longest running mission
NASA’s Voyager 2 has become the second human-made object in history to reach the edge of the solar system, after the spacecraft exited the protective bubble of particles and magnetic fields created by the Sun, the US space agency said.
- Giraffes Silently Slip Onto the Endangered Species List
Two subspecies of giraffes were recently added to the list of “critically endangered” species for the first time ever, by the IUCN, which administers the world’s official endangered species list.
- Mock tests for KCET/MHCET and Bank Exams
Online mock tests for KCET
Online mock tests for MHT-CET
Online mock tests for Bank Exams – RRB, RBI, IBPS, SBI