alert The merit list for admission to engineering colleges, including Indian Institutes of Technology, through the Joint Entrance Examination – Main (JEE-Main) will be based on percentile scores and not raw marks aspirants scored in the test with the introduction of a two-cycle computer-based examination system from 2019.
JEE (Main) is the qualifying examination for those intending to sit for JEE (Advanced) for admission to IITs. As the formats for engineering and architecture courses have changed with tests to be held in January and April, the National Testing Agency (NTA) announced a new procedure for arriving at the NTA score, which will be the basis of the final merit list for admissions to IITs.
Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is a national level engineering entrance exam to be held yearly in India. JEE basically a common entrance examination for admission to different engineering courses.
JEE score is the main criteria for admission in Indian Institute of Technology and National Institute of technology. From 2019, instead of CBSE, JEE would be conducted by newly formed NTA or National Testing Agency. The official website of JEE 2019 is www.nta.ac.in.
You can check www.nta.ac.in for latest news and updates. National Testing Agency (NTA) is going to conduct JEE 2019 entrance examination for admission in engineering courses in India.
What’s New in JEE Main 2019?
- National Testing Agency (NTA) has taken over from CBSE and will be conducting the exam twice a year – one in January and one in April.
- The exam will be computer based from 2019
- Practice centres will be set up across the country where students can go on every Saturday and Sunday to prepare.
- Mock tests will be released from September 1 for candidates to practice at home or at the centres set up for this purpose.
- Candidates can appear in one or both the exams. The better of the scores will be considered for admissions.
- There will be no change in exam pattern, syllabus, fees or language of the exam.
- The exam will be held on multiple sessions across days with 2 lakh candidates per session. The total slots will be eight for both the January and April exams.
To know more about Exam pattern, Exam dates, Fees, How to apply click on below link https://exam360.wordpress.com/jee/