- New Chairman of FIFA Governance Committee
Retired judge of Delhi High Court Justice Mukul Mudgal has been elected as the Chairman of FIFA Governance committee at the FIFA’s 67th Congress held in Bahrain’s capital city of Manama.
- ‘CASO’ to be Reintroduced
Indian Army has planned to re-introduce cordon and search operations (CASO) as a part of its counter terrorism operations after a gap of 15 years.
- Vinay Mohan Kwatra Appointed as Ambassador to France
Diplomat Vinay Mohan Kwatra has been appointed as India’s next ambassador to France. He is currently serving as joint secretary in the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO).
- Kozhikode to be 1st city to have a comprehensive master plan
Kozhikode will become the first city in the State to have a comprehensive master plan for the next 20 years said by the Joint Town Planning Committee (JTPC) chaired by Mayor Thottathil Raveendran.
- India protests Participation of Canada’s PM
India has protested the participation of Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau at ‘Khalsa Day’ in Toronto that saw felicitation of Sikh separatist elements and featured Khalistani flags and posters of Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale.
- Poovamma pips Jisna to 400m gold
M.R. Poovamma backed gold for the women’s 400 metres in the second Indian Grand Prix athletics at the Nehru Stadium.
- FIFA elects Skouris as head of ethics committee
Vassilios Skouris of Greece, a former president of the European Court of Justice, was elected head of FIFA’s ethics committee.
- Mumbai boys Bhaven, Hriday win bronze at World Schools Chess
Bhaven Shah and Hriday Sheth, set a record for India by winning a bronze medal each in the blitz format of the World Schools Chess Championships 2017.
- May 11: National Technology Day
National Technology Day is being observed across India on May 11 to mark India’s technological advancements. 2017 National Technology Day Theme: ‘Technology for inclusive and sustainable growth’.
- Twitter makes Taranjeet Singh as Country Director for India
Microblogging platform Twitter said that it has elevated Taranjeet Singh as its Country Director for India.
- PM to attend UN Vesak Day Celebrations in Sri Lanka
Prime Minister Modi will travel to Sri Lanka to attend the Buddhist festival ‘Vesak Day’ (Buddha Jayanti) that commemorates birth, enlighten and death of Buddha.
- India to grow at 7.7% in 2018-19: IMF
According to the report, growth in Asia is forecast to accelerate to 5.5% in 2017 from 5.3% in 2016. India’s growth is expected to rebound to 7.2% in the 2017-18 fiscal and 7.7% in 2018-19 after demonetisation, said by the IMF.
- China tests a ‘lunar palace’ on earth
Chinese students will live in a laboratory simulating a lunar-like environment for up to 200 days as Beijing prepares for its long-term goal of putting humans on the moon.
- Railways to acquire EoTT system to run trains without guards
The Indian Railways will float global tenders worth over ₹100 crore for acquiring sophisticated equipment to run 1,000 trains without guards.
- India to remain innovation hub for Adobe
American software giant Adobe said 30 per cent of its R&D staff work in India, making a fundamental contribution to each of its product and hinted that the country will continue to be the innovation hub for it.
- Ahmedabad gets air quality monitors to battle pollution
To effectively battle increasing air pollution, the Ahmedabad is launching a comprehensive Air Quality Index (AQI) and Air Information and Response (AIR) plan that includes an air pollution alert system and health risk communication.
- Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary hitches wagon to star tortoises
Successful rehabilitation of rescued reptiles for Kerala Forest Department at Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary (CWS) to rehabilitate Indian star tortoises( . CWS has become the only rehabilitation centre for star tortoises in the country.
- PM Inaugurates Supreme Court’s ICMIS
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated Supreme Court’s Integrated Case Management Information System (ICMIS). This digital filing system will mark Supreme Court’s first towards becoming a paperless, digital court.
- Jehan Daruvala is the 1st Indian in F3 European Championship
Jehan Daruvala created history by becoming the first Indian racer to occupy pole position in the FIA Formula 3 European Championships.
- Gaurav Gill nominated for Arjuna Award
Gaurav Gill is hoping to become the first Arjuna awardee from motorsports..
- International Nurse’s Day
A social reformer and founder of modern nursing, Florence Nightingale, was born on May 12, in the year 1820. Every year, her birth date is celebrated as International Nurse’s Day.
- TVS joins hand with MASESA to enter Central America
TVS Motor Company globally announced its alliance with MASESA (Mayor Servicios Socieda Anonima), a Guatemala based company that is a leader in the commercialization of motorcycles and Tuk Tuks in the Central American region.
- Neeraj, Anuu win gold in Indian Grand Prix Athletics
World junior record holder javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra grabbed a gold, In women’s javelin, national record holder Annu Rani of UP won the goldat the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium.
- Kavinder,Manoj,Satish qualify for World Boxing Championships
Third seed Satish Kumar and sixth seed Manoj Kumar were among the three Indian boxers who qualified for the World Championships.
- Vikas settles for bronze at Asian Boxing Championship
Shiva Thapa and Sumit Sangwan continued to pack a powerful punch for India at the Asian Boxing Championships, advancing to the final with contrasting victories, Vikas Krishan settled for a bronze medal .