- WTO’s Trade Facilitation Agreement comes into effectThe Trade Facilitation Agreement (TFA) in Goods of World Trade Organisation (WTO) came into effect with its ratification by two-thirds members of WTO including India.
- Bet Dwarka Darshan Circuit in GujaratThe Union Ministry of Urban Development approved development of 6 km long Bet Dwarka Darshan Circuit in Gujarat under Heritage City Development and Augmentation Yojana (HRIDAY).
- Govt frames National Transit Oriented Development PolicyThe Union Urban Development Ministry has formulated ‘National Transit Oriented Development (TOD) Policy’ to address the challenges of urbanisation.
- Two new critically endangered plant species spotted
Two new critically endangered balsams (impatiens) plant species were spotted on the peripheries of the Eravikulam National Park in Kerala. It is a major breakthrough in eco-conservation.
- RAHAT medical project launched in Rajasthan
Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje inaugurated a medical project Rajasthan Heart Attack Treatment programme (RAHAT) to provide people timely treatment during heart attacks in remote and rural areas.
- India, Bangladesh ink MoU to provide financial assistance
India and Bangladesh have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the sustainable development of Sylhet, a metropolitan city in northeastern Bangladesh with financial aid from India.
- FDI inflow increases by 18% to $46 billion in 2016: DIPP
According to data released by the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP), India attracted $46 billion foreign direct investment (FDI) in 2016
- Haryana Govt set up sex ratio monitoring dashboard
The Haryana government has set up an online system called sex ratio monitoring dashboard as part of the ‘Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao’ Scheme to monitor the sex ratio in the Panipat district.
- India, Germany ratify 2011 Pact
India and Germany have ratified a comprehensive Social Security Agreement (SSA) to improve investment flows between the two countries.
- India, ADB ink $375 million loan pact
India and Asian Development Bank (ADB) has signed $375 million pact for loans and grants to develop 800 km Visakhapatnam-Chennai Industrial Corridor. It is the first phase of a planned 2,500-km East Coast Economic Corridor.
- Pests eat away India’s 35% of total crop yield
According to Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) scientist, pests eat away about 30-35% of the annual crop yield in India.
- Nand Kumar Sai takes charge as Chairperson of NCST
Senior tribal leader from Chhattisgarh and ex-parliamentarian Nand Kumar Sai (71) took charge as Chairperson of National Commission for Scheduled Tribes (NCST) in Delhi.
- ZTE launches world’s first 5G IT baseband unit
Chinese smartphone manufacturer ZTE unveiled its new Gigabit Phone, a next generation 5G IT baseband unit (BBU) with Intel Corporation at Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Barcelona, Spain.
- India’s 1st Integrated Heliport inaugurated in New Delhi
India’s first integrated heliport was inaugurated today at Rohini in North Delhi. This heliport has been developed by Pawan Hans Limited.
- SEBI to tighten algorithm trading rules
The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) is planning to further tighten the regulations for algorithmic trading to minimise instances of misuse of such systems.
- February 28: National Science Day
The National Science Day (NSD) i.e. Rashtriya Vigyan Diwas is celebrated every year on February 28 in India. The 2017 theme is “Science and Technology for Specially Abled Persons”.
- RBI sets up inter-disciplinary standing committee
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has set up of an inter-disciplinary standing committee on cyber security to review the threats inherent in the existing and emerging technology.
- 4th India-CLMV Business Conclave held in Jaipur
The fourth edition of India – CLMV (Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar and Vietnam) Business Conclave was held in Jaipur, capital of Rajasthan.
- WHO wants new drugs against super-germs
The World Health Organisation (WHO) has urged governments, scientists and pharmaceutical companies to develop new drugs to tackle 12 antibiotics-resistant super-germs threatening an explosion of incurable diseases.
- MEITY to promote digital transactions in place of NITI Aayog
The Union Government has shifted the responsibility of promoting digital transactions in the country to the Union Ministry of IT and Electronics (MEITY) from NITI (National Institution for Transforming India) Aayog.
- CBDT inks 10 more Advance Pricing Agreements
The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has entered into 10 more Advance Pricing Agreements (APAs) pertaining to various sectors of economy like Telecom, Banking & Finance, Pharmaceutical, Steel, Retail and IT etc
- Madras HC orders TN Govt to remove Seemai Karuvelam trees
The Madurai bench of the Madras High Court has ordered Tamil Nadu government to enact a law with prohibitory and penal clauses to eradicate Seemai Karuvelam (prosopis juliflora) trees within two months.
- Govt signs Financing Agreement with World Bank
The Union Government has signed a Financing Agreement with World Bank for IDA credit of $63 million for the Tejaswini Socio-Economic Empowerment of Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) Project
- High-Yielding Varieties of Plant Species developed
Three institutes of Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education (ICFRE), Dehradun have developed 20 high-yielding varieties of plant species.
- NFHS 4 shows improved sex ratio
The Union Ministry of Health & Family Welfare unveiled last National Family Health Survey-4 for 2015-16. It has shown positive trends in key health indicators, including an decline in infant mortality rate (IMR) & improvement in sex ratio.
- IMD predicts above normal temperature in 2017 summer
India Meteorological Department (IMD) has forecasted above normal temperature in most parts of the country during 2017 summer season.
- Complete list of winners of BCCI annual awards 2017
The BCCI Awards are a set of annual cricket awards given by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI). These awards in various categories recognise and honour the best Indian international and domestic cricketers of the past year.
- Thiruvananthapuram tops city governance ranking: ASICS
Thiruvananthapuram, capital of Kerala has topped in city governance ranking of the Annual Survey of India’s City Systems (ASICS) 2016 conducted by Janaagraha Centre for Citizenship and Democracy.
- Govt Panel recommends legal framework
Government appointed ‘Working Group on Migration’ headed by Partha Mukhopadhay has recommended necessary legal and policy framework to protect the interests of the migrants in the country.
- Supersonic Prithvi interceptor missile successfully tested
Indigenously developed supersonic Prithvi interceptor missile was successfully test-fired from launch complex III of the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Abdul Kalam Island in Balasore, Odisha.