- Jagdish Singh Khehar sworn in as Chief Justice of India
Justice Jagdish Singh Khehar, the seniormost judge of the Supreme Court, was sworn in as the 44th Chief Justice of India by President Pranab Mukherjee
- Hitler’s ‘Mein Kampf’ becomes German bestseller
The first reprint of Adolf Hitler’s Mein Kampf book in Germany since World War II has proved a surprise bestseller, heading for its sixth print run.
- China to launch record number of 30 space missions this year
China plans to conduct a “record ” number of 30 space launch missions this year as part of its efforts to expand its ambitious space programme.
- H1-B visa reform Bill reintroduced in U.S. Congress
A Bill backing key changes in the H1-B visa programme that allows skilled workers from other countries to fill jobs in the U.S. has been reintroduced in Congress by two lawmakers who claim that it will help crack down on its abuse.
- China begins first freight train service to London
China has begun its first freighttrain service to London from Yiwu, a famed wholesale market townin the eastern province of Zhejiang, the train will travel for 18 days over more than 7,500 miles(12,000 km) to reach Britain from China.
- ‘The People’s President: Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam’ released
A book on the former President A.P.J. Abdul Kalam released in New Delhi by the Vice President, Shri M. Hamid Ansari in the presence of the Union Book on Dr. Kalam titled “The People’s President: Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam”
- Trump picks China critic as trade envoy
A former official in the Ronald Reagan administration will be the U.S. Trade Representative (USTR) in the Trump administration.
- Rare comet will be visible from Earth for first time: NASA
A rare comet discovered by NASA scientists the comet, C/2016 U1 NEOWISE will be visible using just binoculars to skywatchers on Earth for the first time.
- ‘Leap second’syncs Indian time with Earth’s spin
A ‘leap second’ was added to the Indian clock at 5:29.59 hours to synchronise with the Earth’s rotational clock.
- Woman scientist nominated for Swarnajayanti fellowship
Jyotirmayee Dash, Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science, has been nominated for the prestigious Swarnajayanti fellowship award by the Department of Science and Technology for the year 2015-16.
- S. Padmanabhan nominated as Chairman of Tata Power
Tata Power has said that S Padmanabhan has been nominated as chairman of the board of directors of the company.
- Rs. 100 cr. for the first Nobel laureate from State, says CM
Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu, announced a cash prize of Rs.100 crore for the young scientist (or any other) who would win the prize.
- Dhoni steps down as ODI, T20 captain
Mahendra Singh Dhoni has informed the BCCI that he wishes to step down as the captain of the Indian cricket team for One-Day International and T20 International formats of the game.
- SAFF Women’s Football Championship: India beat Bangladesh
A dominant India defeated Bangladesh 3-1 to win their fourth consecutive SAFF Women’s Football Championship title at the Kanchenjunga Stadium.
- Ukraine’s Grandmaster Tukhaev wins IIFL Wealth Open
Ukrainian Grandmaster Adam Tukhaev, rated 2516, won the title of 2nd IIFL Wealth Mumbai International Open chess tournament.
- China launches longest bullet train
China launched its longest bullet train “Shangri-la of the World” from Kunming, capital of south-west China’s Yunnan Province to Beijing, expanding its high speed train network to about 20,000 km connecting almost all provinces.
- M.P. Saminathan replaces Stalin as DMK youth wing secretary
DMK’s working president M.K. Stalin has stepped down as the youth wing secretary of the party. Former Minister and three-time MLA Vellakkoil M.P. Saminathan has been appointed as the youth wing secretary.
- Indian-American to join Team Trump
Indian-American Raj Shah has been named deputy assistant to the President and deputy communication director and research director in the incoming Donald Trump administration.
- Bengaluru to host largest gathering of Indian diaspora
The start up eco system of Bengaluru, which has attracted worldwide attention, will be showcased before the large Indian diaspora that is expected to participate in the three-day 14th edition of Pravasi Bharatiya Divas .
- Earth-like snow, ice features found on Pluto
Scientists have found evidence of Earth-like snow and ice features on Pluto, using a model similar to what meteorologists use to forecast weather on our planet and a computer simulation of the physics of evaporating ices.
- ISRO to launch record 103 satellites at one go
India’s space agency ISRO will launch a record 103 satellites — all but three of them foreign — at one go on a single rocket in what will be a major feat not attempted by any country.
- 105 year old man made history by cycling 14 miles in 1 hour
Robert Marchand a 105 year old man has made a record by cycling 22.547km (14 miles) in 1 hour. In 2012 he had already set a record of cycling 26.927km in 1 hour.
- Scientists discover a new human organ, in digestive system
Scientists in Ireland have discovered a brand new organ named Mesentery, inside the digestive system which was not known till date.
- Mumbai chess prodigy Kush creates history in UAE tourney
Mumbai prodigy Kush Bhagat has won all three gold medals on offer in the 1st Western Asia Youth Chess Championship that concluded in Al Ain Chess Club, UAE.
- China launches telecommunication technology test satellite
China has successfully launched a telecommunication technology test satellite from the Xichang Satellite Launch Centre in southwest China’s Sichuan Province.
- Over 30 Indian origin innovators in Forbes’ list
Over 30 Indian origin innovators, entrepreneurs and leaders have been featured in the 2017 edition of Forbes’ list of super achievers under the age of 30 who seek to break the status quo and transform the world.
- First African-American astronaut to fly to ISS
NASA astronaut Jeanette Epps is set to become the first African-American crew member aboard the International Space Station (ISS).