- RBI keeps key rates unchanged
The Reserve bank of India (RBI) in its fifth bi-monthly monetary policy review for year 2016-17 has kept key rates unchanged. Decision in this regard was taken by RBI’s six-member Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) headed by Urjit Patel.
- Union Cabinet approves Pune Metro Rail Project Phase
It will be covering a length of 31.254 km comprising with two corridors Corridor-1 (Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation to Swargate) and Corriodor-2 (Vanaz to Ramwadi).
- MoU between India and Vietnam on Cooperation in IT
The MoU aims to develop sustainable and a long-term cooperation between both countries on the basis of equality and mutual interest in the areas of IT.
- The satellite Resourcesat-2A successfully launched
The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has successfully launched remote sensing satellite Resourcesat-2A into its dedicated orbit. It was launched onboard of Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV)-C36 from first launch pad.
- Dr. B R Ambedkar’s birth anniversary : as Water Day
The Union Government is going to observe birth anniversary of the father of Indian Constitution B R Ambedkar (April 14) as “Water Day” in the country.
- BRICS nations to share tax information automatically
The BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) countries have agreed to share tax information automatically as per their commitment to ensure the fairness of the international tax system.
- MoES launches Winter Fog Experiment 2016-17
The Union Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES) has launched Winter Fog Experiment (WIFEX 2016-17) to study presence of extended periods of fog in northern parts of the country.
- Justice JS Khehar appointed as 44th Chief Justice of India
Justice Jagdish Singh Khehar (64) will be the next Chief Justice of India (CJI). He will be the 44th CJI and shall succeed Chief Justice TS Thakur who retires on January 3, 2017.
- Joint maritime exercise ‘Konkan 16’
The annual bilateral maritime exercise ‘Konkan 16’ between the Indian Navy and the Royal Navy (British Navy) started in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Researchers found novel route to discover new drug targets
Researchers from the International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB), Delhi have found a novel route to discover new drug targets and potential drugs.
- Panneerselvam sworn in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
AIADMK leader O. Panneerselvam (65) was sworn in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu following death of Chief Minister Jayalalithaa.
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa passes away
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa passed away at the Apollo Hospitals, Chennai following cardiac arrest.
- 6th Heart of Asia conference held in Amritsar, Punjab
The sixth edition of ‘Heart of Asia- Istanbul Process of Afghanistan‘ conference, an annual regional gathering of Asian and other countries was held in Amritsar, Punjab (India).
- ‘Earth’s day lengthens by two milliseconds a century’
Astronomers who compiled nearly 3,000 years of celestial records have found that with every passing century, the day on Earth lengthens by two milliseconds as the planet’s rotation gradually winds down.
- 15 new castes included in central OBC list
The National Commission of Backward Classes (NCBC) had recommended a total of 28 changes in respect of eight states — Assam, Bihar, Himachal Pradesh, Jharkhand, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir and Uttarakhand.
- Donald Trump Named as TIME’s Person of the Year 2016
US President elect Donald Trump was chosen as the TIME’s Person of the Year 2016, for his outstanding victory in the US election.
- International Gita Mahotsav in Kurukshetra
President of India Shri Pranab Mukherjee inaugurated the first ever International Gita Mahotsav at The Brahma Sarovar in Kurukshetra, Haryana
The festival will focus on spreading the message of Gita to the world community.
- National Hydrology Project
Chief Minister of Haryana Manohar Lal Khattar has given administrative approval for implementation of the Rs 50-crore National Hydrology Project to be set up in the state with 100 per cent assistance from the Centre.
- Sachin and Binny Bansal named Asians of the Year
Flipkart founders Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal have been chosen for the 2016 ‘Asian of the Year’ by Straits Times of Singapore as part of a group called the ‘The Disruptors’.
- AirAsia India appoints Amar Abrol as Managing Director
Amar Abrol was Managing Director of Chennai based AirAsia India during the company’s board meeting.
Abrol was appointed as CEO of the airline in April 2016.
- Alexander Van Der Bellen Sworn in as Austrian president
Ex-leader of the Greens, Alexander Van Der Bellen has won the Austrian presidential election, gaining 7.6 percent of votes more than his opponent Norbert Hofer.
- Goa Launches Yuva Sanchar Yojana
The Govt of Goa is set to launch its ambitious scheme “Goa Yuva Sanchar Yojana”, providing Limited Free Talktime and Internet Data to the youth in the state to comply with the central government’s Digital India initiative.
- Venezuela Suspended from Mercosur Trade Bloc
The South American nations has suspended Venezuela from the Mercosur trade bloc for violating the bloc’s democratic principles and failing to meet its basic standards.
- PM Modi wins reader’s poll for TIME’s Person of the Year
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has won the Online Readers’ Poll for TIME Person of the Year 2016, beating off other world leaders like US President-elect Donald Trump, incumbent US leader Barack Obama and Russian President Vladimir Putin.
- American Scientists Successfully Maps Human Thought
The journal PNAS revealed that American scientists of US National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering, for the first time have successfully tracked human thought by imaging rapidly fluctuating brain activity.
- 10,500 years old ancient camping site discovered in Ladakh
A release issued by the culture ministry states that an ancient camping site has been found near Saser La in the Nubra Valley, Ladakh at an altitude of about 4,200 metres that was used by pre-historic man and belonged to circa 8500 BCE.
- Steven Smith : joint-highest score by an Aussie captain
Australian captain Steven Smith smashed a career-best 164 (157) in the first ODI against New Zealand on 04th December 2016, to equal Ricky Ponting’s record for the highest individual score by an Aussie skipper.
- World Soil Day – December 5 2016
Every year World Soil Day is observed on the 5th of December to celebrate the World Soil Day – December 5 2016 importance of soil as a critical component of the natural system and as a vital contributor to human well-being.
- World’s largest bird festival
To promote eco-tourism in Uttar Pradesh and to declare it as an international bird watching destination, UP Eco-tourism has organized a three-day international festival on birds at the National Chambal Sanctuary in the Bah tehsil , Agra.
- India’s Srinidhi Shetty Won Miss Supranational 2016
Mangaluru girl, Srinidhi Shetty , was crowned Miss Supranational 2016 at a grand ceremony in Krynica Zdroj, Poland. She also won the title of Miss Asia-Oceania.
Online mock exams for CWE/RRB Prelims and Mains. Clerk and Officer scale